A dependable figure that clients and the team rely on, creating engaging and on-brand graphics for various platforms and needs.
GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB DESCRIPTION
Hyperfocal and its sister company, Straife, are looking for an in-house Graphic Designer in Kuala Lumpur to create engaging and on-brand graphics for various media. As a graphic designer, you will use your passion for design to create beautiful images and compelling content. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail. Read the full job description here.
Working closely with the Marketing and Media Relations Director, you will be designing a wide variety of assets across digital and offline media, including the following:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Illustrate concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size, and style
- Develop graphics, illustrations, logos, presentations, brochures, websites, various digital media assets, and other designs
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Work with Marketing Director and other stakeholders to ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Coordinate with outside services, printers, and colleagues as necessary
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned
Below is a description of the experience we believe can lead to strength in this role. Please, share your experience with us and tell us why you believe you'd be a strong candidate for this graphic design role.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field of study is not required, however, we would like to know if you've worked toward any relevant degrees, certifications, or designations related to graphic design
- Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field with a strong portfolio
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Familiarity with design software and platforms (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Google Slides, Canva, etc.)
- Strong website design skills and experience with WordPress and Envato
- Multimedia content development experience with familiarity of video editing software (Apple Final Cut Pro, etc.) is a plus
- Solid understanding of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- A keen eye for aesthetics, details, and visual composition
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Ability to confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proactive, creative, self-starter with the ability to perform under time constraints
- High degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Location: This is a hybrid position with time split in the office and work from home in Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysian or non-Malaysian applicants with valid work permits
From the inception of Hyperfocal, we've made a conscious effort to always keep people as the central focus of our growth strategy.
The pay for this role is 36,000 RM. This takes into account the wide range of factors considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience and training; skill sets; degrees and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this role excite you? Us too! Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
We recommend that you take the time to look through our site. And ensure examples of your work really showcase your design abilities. Thank you!